ANIMPORTANT PRESENTATION TO THESE UNIQUE NEW ANNUAL 'SERVICE ABOVE SELF' AWARDS
The Rotary Club of Windsor & Eton is seeking to support local community-based projects in the Windsor area. Projects both Small and Large that will demonstrate and show real benefits to the local community.
We will soon be inviting applications for the Community Awards for 2022 This is a small-grants programme with awards of up to a £500 plus receiving the officially framed 'Certification of Success' in appreciation of your special achievement!
This local awards scheme is an important part of the Worldwide Rotary mission simply to serve others; to give something back; to advance world understanding, goodwill and peace by utilising the skills, talents and capabilities of our local members collectively
This your chance to hand back to our local communities the real opportunity for people to give and enjoy giving...
So let's explain what you need to do, to be part of this very special rewarding opportunity
Each year there will be three Awards given, in the following categories
Two Community Service Awards - These two very special awards are designated to be received by employed people working within the Windsor and Eton area defined to have met the criteria set below.
* * * * * * * * One Junior Community Award - This special award is designated to recognise, via their Windsor and Eton Middle Schools, a child or group of children within the school that have met the criteria's set of 'Service above Self'
* * * * * * * *
1) The Rotary Community Award - 'Service above Self' - Company Group Volunteers Criteria
This is a wonderful opportunity open to businesses in all sectors and of all sizes from Multi-National's to Corner Shops and even home based businesses. The Business must be located within the Windsor & Eton area, this defined by their address and postcode. The Company or members of their staff can elect to put up for the award for locally located - individual colleagues, a group of people - or even for all staff members.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * The criteria is that they have given voluntarily their time and services to help other members of the community. * Having done so in a manner that demonstrates their dedication and commitment to the needs of others. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
2) The Rotary Community Award - 'Service Above Self' - Employed Individual Award
This is a truly unique award open to a single employed person living within the Windsor and Eton area, as defined by their home address and postcode. The nomination can be from friends and colleagues that are aware of the nominated persons considered worthy special achievement(s).
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * The criteria in that they have given exceptional service to the community through a profession, vocation or employment over and above the normal expectation. * Having done so in a manner that demonstrates their personal commitment to the needs of others over and above their usual daily work. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
3) The Rotary - 'Service above Self' - Junior Community Award
This important Childrens Award will be recognised through the local Windsor & Eton area's Middle Schools that wish to involve their children in years 6 and 7. It may just be for a single child, a special group of students or even greater numbers! It is non-competitive and can be achieved by pupils of all levels of physical and academic abilities.
"This very special Award is specifically designed to help children at this age in their lives in many important areas" * To bridge the generation gap by helping both older and younger people * To learn and develop the joys of volunteering * To find out that people are all different and that is good for development * To learn how community decisions are taken * To practice new skills working with and alongside others * To gain confidence and the important feeling of self-worth and raise their self-esteem * To develop healthy attitudes toward physical fitness as part of their life balance